[potentially OT] UN resolutions in opaque PDF format

Sam Liddicott sam at liddicott.com
Wed Nov 1 22:23:30 UTC 2006

Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
>    How about realising that "and offered to help fix it" is following up on
>    the bug.
>
> Reporting it and then not doing anything for 2 years and bitching
> about it here is not "following up on the bug".

Quite true - what YOU describe here isn't following up, and yet he did
follow up and offer to fix it.

I must say, though, you are quite brilliant!

Others might have removed that quote from my post (where I demonstrate
an example of following up) before trying to show that an instance of
not-following-up behaviour means that he didn't follow up; and yet you
have left in the case of "following-up" behaviour, and then in the face
of it tried to maintain that he hasn't followed up and thus the
continued existence of the bug is all his fault and no-one else's!

Quite audacious!  You have my acclaim, we just need to see what the
general public make of your performance.

Your posts used to annoy me, but now I realise that it is all in good
sport; if you keep up the performance you may attract some commercial
sponsorship, perhaps even from the Canopy Group.

I wish you luck!

Sam