Re: 'Word' in France's administration [Fwd: Bourse d'école doctorale]

Guillaume Yziquel guillaume.yziquel at free.fr
Thu May 25 17:36:15 UTC 2006

Sean DALY wrote:
> It's a scandal.
>
> I have a friend who works there, I will inquire.

I do not think it is the responsibility of the école doctorale, but of
the french ministry of national education, research and tecgnology. It
is the ministry's requirements.

Could inquiries be postponed one month later, the time for my grant
proposal to be processed ? I just wanted to bring a testimony, for whom
it may concern.

> But my understanding is that each department head there makes their
 > own rules; I know that several departments there run their sites on
 > FLOSS and would not tolerate such a thing.

It is not the departments who can have influence over this. Only the
ministry.

The problem is not that such a thing would be tolerated, but that, since
the école doctorale is an official administration of the french state,
such a thing would be illegal.

> Sean DALY.

Sincerely yours,

Guillaume Yziquel.