Free Software Evangelism, revisited

Ricardo Andere de Mello gandhi at quilombodigital.org
Thu May 25 14:17:19 UTC 2006

you missed the point... profit is not a crime, neither money.
what Im asking you is:

what is your main reason to do/teach/talk free software? (you should
know by now)

I know people whose primarily reasons are social, ethical,
philosophical, but I know some that are in this just because they see
this as a businness.

Actually I think this is directly connected to that thin line that
separates free software from open-source. If you dont know the
difference about them, I doubt you can understand the difference about
doing for fun and for money. (please, when I say *you*, I say in a
generalized way, not specifically you).

Can you say you are a hero if you did something to save a person,
without really knowing, just because you were at the right place and
time? suppose you were at the street, and someone falls in front of you
and you grab him, so this person dont crash his head at the street. You
did this because of two reasons: first because it came into your
direction, and second because humans have the reflex to grab falling
things, like a simple ball. You actually dont *thought* about what you
were doing.  So, can you still be a hero?

[]s, gandhi

--
Ricardo Andere de Mello
Presidente do Quilombo Digital