What's happening in France with copyright

Ciaran O'Riordan ciaran at fsfe.org
Wed May 3 22:14:01 UTC 2006

Admittedly, I've only scanned this but it looks good and the topic is
important and rarely discussed in English.  For anyone who doesn't speak
French, Jean-Baptiste Soufron has posted an explanation in English about
what is happening in France:

http://soufron.typhon.net/article.php3?id_article=132

Soufron gives three reasons for why this is important but there's a fourth
which RMS mentioned at the recent GPLv3 event in Italy:

http://www.fsfeurope.org/projects/gplv3/torino-rms-transcript.en.html#q3b-can-free-software-beat-drm

  "In France, there is a battle going on and we still might win it about the
   legalisation of peer-to-peer copying on the Internet. This shows that
   when enough people get energised, the empire can lose a battle.

   It's very important."

--
CiarĂ¡n O'Riordan __________________ \ http://fsfeurope.org/projects/gplv3
http://ciaran.compsoc.com/ _________ \  GPLv3 and other work supported by