END OF THE THREAD HERE (was Re: Defining Free Software Business (please read this before believing anything about debian from ams at gnu))

Stefano Maffulli stef at zoomata.com
Thu Jun 29 08:25:55 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-06-28 at 21:40 +0200, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
> Are you speaking on the behalf of FSF Europe?

yes

> Is it a policy to use these types of threats?

not at all.  And we really feel bad for being forced to revert to such
measure.

>  What are the policies for this list that decide who gets
> censored for what?  Where are they written?

There is no written policy. Some people in the past 2 days have passed
the border of a reasonable discussion.  The arguments are going in
circle and have been going in circle for 2 days now.  The discussion is
on a dead end and it must be stopped for respect of the other
subscribers.

Yesterday I have asked to all participants to this thread[1]

>   Please stop this thread now or you will be banned from the list
>    with any other that will keep replying.
>
>    Thank you for using self control from now on.

Nobody wants to ban anybody, but we will do it if forced.

Regards
Stef

[1] That was a generic remark, I was not refering to ams only. I
apologise for my poor wording.