weak moderation (was Re: Defining Free Software Business)

Stefano Maffulli stef at zoomata.com
Wed Jun 28 07:28:58 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-06-27 at 23:35 +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
> Maybe not.  I think this often happens with weakly-moderated
> lists.  Many debian lists are weakly-moderated and it seems a
> shame that this one seems to be going the same way.  I'll try
> to stick to things to which I can add new data.

It is never nice to have to raise voice to stop a discussion that is
going in circle, especially when the discussion bursts into flame in
only a few hours.

I ask everybody here on the list to self-moderate, please, maybe using
the following techniques: limit the number of messages sent per day to
two or three, breath deeply and take long walks before answering email,
don't feed the trolls (whoever you think they are), learn to use
killfile.  Your life will be merrier and the walks will raise the
chances for you to get a nice healthy tan :)

thanks
stef