Defining Free Software Business

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Tue Jun 27 23:19:46 UTC 2006

"Alfred M. Szmidt" <ams at gnu.org> wrote:
> >  > Are you going to imply that if Microsoft publishes a copy of the
> >  > GNU Manifesto, then the "FSFers" must have thought them worthy of
> >  > assistance?
>
> >  If done in the same way, with recommendation at the top of a page
> >  like http://www.fsfeurope.org/projects/bgw/bgw.en.html
> >   'Started in January 1999, the Brave GNU World is a monthly
> >    column which has since then been released in nine languages[*]
> >    on the web and printed in the German "Linux-Magazin," the
> >    "Linux Magazine" U.K., "Microsoftware" (a large computer
> >    magazine in Korea) and the "Linux-Magazine" in France.'
> >  then I would, yes.
>
> Where is this recommendation?  I don't see anything remotley close to
> `Read Linux-Magazin!!!' or even `You can get a gratis copy of
> Linux-Magazin by doing foo'.

s/recommendation/linking/ and the point remains valid.
http://www.gnu.org/brave-gnu-world/intro.en.html also says:
"The release date is coordinated to appear simultaneously
with Linux-Magazin."  It's obvious there was assistance.

Boggling,
--
MJR/slef
Laux nur mia opinio: vidu http://people.debian.org/~mjr/