The crux;; Re: [yavor at doganov.org: Re: Defining Free Software Business]

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Tue Jun 27 22:54:51 UTC 2006

Sam Liddicott <sam at liddicott.com>
> I am almost determined to pay my FSF membership to Debian instead, the
> main blocker being that it is too hard to donate money to Debian (or was
> the last time I tried).

Why not support both if you can and keep a balance of power?
It seems quite easy to donate with a Visa card or MasterCard at
https://128bit.clickandpledge.com/Default.asp?ID=12235
(Full info http://www.spi-inc.org/donations and
http://www.debian.org/donations )

However, Debian project membership is based on work not payment.

> Since talking to you I have become convinced that nothing more that the
> FSF does (apart from license compliance) will ever be relevant to me or
> anyone I know; [...]

Fortunately, ams at gnu does not decide the position of FSF, AFAIK.

Hope that helps,
--
MJR/slef
Laux nur mia opinio: vidu http://people.debian.org/~mjr/