[kaloian at doganov.org: Re: [yavor at doganov.org: Re: Defining Free Software Business]]

Marc SCHAEFER schaefer at alphanet.ch
Tue Jun 27 10:16:14 UTC 2006

When I said:

	This software is a very important part of a computer system: no
	software can run without it.

I was talking about the FACT, that today, ALL computer systems are
proprietary plateforms, because the processor and its microcode (and
most of time time if not every time the BIOS is proprietary).

I didn't ask you to cite me out of context; I asked to prove the
countrary.

If you can't prove the countrary, it means that in any case, we still
need today, sometimes, to make compromises, in the hope that they won't
be needed anymore in the future because someone took the time or gave
the money to reimplement it as libre software.