Defining Free Software Business

Ben Finney ben at benfinney.id.au
Mon Jun 26 10:46:51 UTC 2006

On 26-Jun-2006, Kaloian Doganov wrote:
> 	[the non-free section is] Not part of the debian operating
> 	system.
>
> Of course, you can always redefine what "Debian" is in order to keep
> the statement "Debian is a free operating system" true.

The definition and goal of Debian has always been to make an entirely
free operating system, ever since the original documents creating the
project. What are you implying has changed, or will change?

> But we are not interested so much in what Debian *is*, but what
> software (free or proprietary) you distribute to users.

This continues to be an irritating confusion, but one that many of us
are working to change.

--
 \        "When I was a baby I kept a diary. Recently I was re-reading |
  `\   it, it said 'Day 1: Still tired from the move. Day 2: Everybody |