GNU Business Network Definition

Alfred M. Szmidt ams at gnu.org
Fri Jun 9 17:48:54 UTC 2006

   I, too, think a list with three companies on it won't improve
   anything.

Then you and I have very different views...  Just because everyone
wishes to do something unethical, doesn't mean that one should change
things so that the unethical behaviour is "OK".

Say that tomorrow, the whole world would run non-free software, and
only three people in the whole free software community are left,
should the these people say `it is more practical to use non-free
software, lets stop the fight for freedom'?  Of course not.

If the list of `GNU Businesses' is only three companies long, then
that is all good and well.  Just because a list is short, doesn't mean
that one should be presued into supporting non-free software, no
matter how obscure it is.

It will only undermine our freedom, the goal is freedom, not a large
list of companies.

Cheers, and happy hacking!