spreading awareness of the June 22+23 GPLv3 conference in Barcelona

Ciaran O'Riordan ciaran at fsfe.org
Fri Jun 9 15:18:41 UTC 2006

As I hope people know, Europe is hosting the 3rd international GPLv3
conference:
http://fsfeurope.org/projects/gplv3/europe-gplv3-conference

That page is available in five languages, Spanish is in progress, and
hopefully more are to come.

Not all translations have the new note about registration:

  Registration is mandatory.  To register, email
  oriordan at fsfeurope.org and put "GPLv3 registration" in the subject.

Please pass this information on.  I have emailed fsfe-ie, fsfe-uk,
ILUG, I have blogged it, I've mentioned it here, and I made a press
release which was picked up on LWN.net and LinuxElectrons.  That's
nearly the limit of who I can reach, so I'm asking for your help.

The aim of the GPLv3 conferences is to give everyone a chance to hear
about the proposed changes and to ask questions and talk with others
about these issues.  This works if everyone hears that the event is
happening.

One particular limit that I have is that English is the only European
language I speak, so I'm relying on others to inform the communities
and mailing lists in other languages.

Please remember to register if you are coming, and inform free
software forums and GNU/Linux user group mailing lists of this.

Thanks.

--
CiarĂ¡n O'Riordan __________________ \ http://fsfeurope.org/projects/gplv3
http://ciaran.compsoc.com/ _________ \  GPLv3 and other work supported by