[Fsfe-uk] Re: Second revision of GPLv3 draft

Ciaran O'Riordan ciaran at fsfe.org
Fri Jul 28 14:56:06 UTC 2006

Lets reduce the cross-posting - how about replying just on discussion at .  For
this reply, I've done a reply all since I already answered this last night
but it seems my reply was not seen.

"Alfred M. Szmidt" <ams at gnu.org> writes:
> Here is a wdiff of the first draft with the second.  Maybe John (on
> the CC) can add it somewhere.

As I said last night:

Here's a diff of the 1st and 2nd draft:
http://fsfeurope.org/projects/gplv3/diff-draft1-draft2

Here's a diff of gplv2 and 2nd draft of v3:
http://fsfeurope.org/projects/gplv3/diff-gplv2-draft2

Those are generated with wdiff.  I concatonated the lines, then used the
command line:

wdiff -n -w '<span style="text-decoration: line-through;">' -x '</span>' -y \
'<span style="font-weight: bold;">' -z '</span>' GPLv2-parad.text \
GPLv3-draft2-parad.text > v2-wdiff.text

...but the output of wdiff isn't the same as the hand-made official diff.
Particularly, for the diff between gplv2 and this draft, the wdiff is poor
and it looks like I'll have to do that by hand.

I'll put the improved / hand-made versions at the same URLs I've given
above.

--
CiarĂ¡n O'Riordan __________________ \ http://fsfeurope.org/projects/gplv3
http://ciaran.compsoc.com/ _________ \  GPLv3 and other work supported by