Diffs of draft 2 against draft 1 and against GPLv2

Ciaran O'Riordan ciaran at fsfe.org
Thu Jul 27 22:57:05 UTC 2006

simo <simo.sorce at xsec.it> writes:
> The "official" diff between the 1st and the second draft is here:
> http://gplv3.fsf.org/gpl3-dd2-guide.html

Yes.  In some ways, the official diff is better.  In other ways, the html
diffs are better.

For one, the boundaries of what constitutes a single change are
auto-generated in the diffs I made.  This means there are probably mistakes,
but I can compare mine and the official one now and fix those.  I'm on it.

One other aspect that is better about the official diff is that it has
explanatory footnotes.  I'm not sure whether or how to include those in the
diffs I've made.

The reasons I saw to make those html diffs are that many people prefer html
to PDF, and having a diff against v2 of the GPL is quite useful, IMO, since
that's the point of the process - to make a replacement for v2.

--
CiarĂ¡n O'Riordan __________________ \ http://fsfeurope.org/projects/gplv3
http://ciaran.compsoc.com/ _________ \  GPLv3 and other work supported by