summary of Re: Beyond 'open standard'

Alex Hudson home at alexhudson.com
Thu Jul 20 10:25:02 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-07-20 at 07:40 +0200, Stefano Maffulli wrote:
> Looking at my English dictionary the only term with the same latin root
> in English is 'equitable' but that is not an easy word, I guess.  Is
> there some other term that can summarize Royalty-free and
> Non-discriminatory?

Not really. "Equitable" is common English, but tends to be more applied
to contracts, agreements or settlements - meaning both sides come out
equal.

I guess you can say "RF-AND" (Royalty-free and non-discriminatory), as
opposed to RAND, and people would figure out what you were saying.

Cheersm

Alex.