Beyond 'open standard'

Sam Liddicott sam at liddicott.com
Wed Jul 19 12:02:27 UTC 2006

Much sense spoken here.

Can I modify Seans suggestion to "open and unencumbered standard".
I think the word "and" serves to emphasize the greater danger as well as
hint at murkiness for standards which are merely "open".

The word "and" also acts as a warning to editors to stop them thinking
that unencumbered is er... an unnecessary encumbrance to something they
think they already understand; i.e. it guards against accidental
dilution of the message.

Sam