EU requesting input: Consumer confidence in digital environment

ab Iago Dafydd dafyddabiago at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 12:31:57 UTC 2006

---------- Wiadomość oryginalna ----------
From: Ciaran O'Riordan <ciaran at fsfe.org>
I've talked with Laurence.  This is the consultation that was worked on on
this list back in April but which was not submitted because something else
had to be worked on as the April 14th deadline approached:
http://mail.fsfeurope.org/pipermail/discussion/2006-April/005770.html

I've sent Laurence what we produced, and we will meet her after Aug 28th
when the MEPs are back to work. Ciarán O'Riordan>>>>

Ciaran

Is it possible to get some MEPs interested in a Parliamentary Question
on the subject of consumer rights (ie. being forced to buy Windows
even if you are going to use Linux)?

It might support any 'investigation' the Commission is undertaking and
make them more susceptible to considering, as an illegal tied sale,
the fact that consumers, even if they use another OS, are forced to
buy Windows.

--
Dafydd ab Iago
00 32 484 924 013