Materials from the GPLv3 conference, and 3 tech questions

Ciaran O'Riordan ciaran at fsfe.org
Tue Jul 11 08:37:35 UTC 2006

The audio, video, and some transcripts of the recent GPLv3 conference that
FSFE organised in Barcelona are now online:
http://fsfeurope.org/projects/gplv3/europe-gplv3-conference.en.html

I'm not finished putting all the materials online or getting the webpages
finished, but I wanted to ask three things.  The materials are available in
Ogg Theora and Ogg Vorbis, and can be downloaded with BitTorrent.

(at 12:20 - in 2 hours time - that page should be complete enough to start
submitting it to slashdot etc.)

Are there any nice links which give people Free Software suggestions for how
to view/listen/download with those three technologies?

For the video and audio, I plan to recommende VLC since it's cross platform
and reportedly plays even Theora out of the box.

For BitTorrent, I could tell people to install bittornado and type:
btdownloadcurses http://example.com/filename.ext.torrent

But if there is a nice page with useful info - preferably for non-techs, I
would rather link to it.

One easy mistake I would like to avoid is linking to a page which suggests
that users of Microsoft platforms can install some proprietary
plug-in/software.

--
CiarĂ¡n O'Riordan __________________ \ http://fsfeurope.org/projects/gplv3
http://ciaran.compsoc.com/ _________ \  GPLv3 and other work supported by