FAQ for giving lectures about Free Software

Matthias Kirschner mk at fsfe.org
Thu Jul 6 12:18:50 UTC 2006

* Alex Hudson <home at alexhudson.com> [2006-07-05 21:48:41 +0100]:

> I agree; if you can't correct an incorrect use, it's sometimes bad.
> I'm not sure open source is much better on average; in fact, virtually
> every term other than FLOSS has problems, and FLOSS only doesn't
> because it's an acronym rather than a word. "Leebraware" also grates
> on these ears :/

I think this acronym has absolutely no advantages.

There are people out there talking about "Free Libre Open Source
Software". Others use it as "Free Linux Open Source Software".  And I
there some people who use FLOSS software, where I do not have a clue
what the last "S" stands for.  So what is it good for?  To clean your
teeth after meal, but that's it.

SCNR,
Matze

--