A good license for PHP framwork?

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Wed Jan 18 10:31:32 UTC 2006

Roland H=E4der=22 <r.haeder at will-hier-weg.de>
> I'm planing to write and release freely a framwork written in PHP with
> abstract database access [...]
> I gues the LGPL might be a good idea? Or the always-good GPL?

Both of those seem good ideas. As long as you use a licence that
is known to be a free software licence and generic (the PHP
licence is not generic), then I think many people will be happy.

Beyond that, which you choose is a tactical decision based on:
 * your beliefs
 * the preferences of your collaborators
 * the licences used by any competitors
and more besides.

Good luck!  (Oh and get legal advice if you need it.
IANAL like http://people.debian.org/~mjr/legal/ says.)
--
MJ Ray - personal email, see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/email.html
Work: http://www.ttllp.co.uk/  irc.oftc.net/slef  Jabber/SIP ask