Brave GNU World

Guillaume Lenoir eeff at prositive.org
Thu Jan 12 14:44:58 UTC 2006

Le jeudi 12 janvier 2006 à 09:23 +0000, Gareth Bowker a écrit :
> On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 06:43:39AM +0000, Sam Liddicott wrote:
> > Something working soonest is always best, so maybe typo3.
>
> I disagree - something which is maintainable in the long term is best,
> IMHO. If a CMS is set up which turns out to be a pig to maintain in the
> long run, then it's going to be hard to find people willing to commit
> the time to maintain it and it'll fall into disarray. Don't get me wrong
> - ease of setup is useful, but it's not the be-all and end-all. BGW's
> been going for years, so a CMS which is (hopefully) still going to be
> maintainable in a few years' time is important.

+1 I also believe maintenance and features are more important than
installation. The site is 2 years outdated now, is it 10 min short ?

I guess setting up the proper website could take as long as translating
the latest 23 issues (that are only in German from my understanding).
That's at least a few weeks away.

As said earlier I'd like to participate in the translation (the big
upcoming chunck and on a regular basis) and having a convenient way to
do it is a definite must, even if it may not be the only/main feature
needed.