Brave GNU World

Gareth Bowker tgb at fsfe.org
Thu Jan 12 09:23:02 UTC 2006

On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 06:43:39AM +0000, Sam Liddicott wrote:
> Something working soonest is always best, so maybe typo3.

I disagree - something which is maintainable in the long term is best,
IMHO. If a CMS is set up which turns out to be a pig to maintain in the
long run, then it's going to be hard to find people willing to commit
the time to maintain it and it'll fall into disarray. Don't get me wrong
- ease of setup is useful, but it's not the be-all and end-all. BGW's
been going for years, so a CMS which is (hopefully) still going to be
maintainable in a few years' time is important.

Cheers,

Gareth