Gnash - GNU Flash Player / John Gilmore

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Sun Jan 8 10:43:32 UTC 2006

Alex Hudson <home at alexhudson.com>
> You can see the polygons on the page have smooth edges. That's what
> Cairo does; it's a high-quality 2D library. It's also output-neutral:
> the Mozilla people have had trouble generating pages for printing since,
> well, years ago, and Cairo nicely solves part of the issue. And this is
> all in software, none of this requires 3D anything.

Thanks for the explanations. So, if I understand correctly, Cairo
is in a similar space to Display PostScript and Display PDF, but
uses GL to draw and use the graphics processor as much as possible.

> > [...] Are there similar sites to r300.sf.net for
> > other manufacturers, or any overview site?
>
> No, not really, it's a mess. [...]

Are others willing to help create one? I think I could program
it fairly quickly. What information is interesting?
 type
 manufacturer
 model
 PCI id
 related free software site(s)
 comment(s)
 rating
 more?

(Data would be under GPL too, so we could add the Linux Hardware
Compatibility HOWTO data, if wanted.)

--
MJ Ray - personal email, see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/email.html
Work: http://www.ttllp.co.uk/  irc.oftc.net/slef  Jabber/SIP ask