Manuals, software, programs (Re: Savannah rejects a project because it uses GPL)

Alfred M. Szmidt ams at gnu.org
Wed Feb 15 16:54:21 UTC 2006

   > A program is binary data that is executed by a computer.  An
   > analogue computer does not have binary data.  Software is
   > anything that can be converted into a a program.

   Ergo, truth of those definitions would mean that analogue computers
   have no programs, which is absurd, so they are clearly false.

Since you obviously have never actually "written" a program for an
analogue computer, you might want to try doing that before you start
stating silly things like this.

Programming an analogue computer is like programming a digital
computer by using TTL circutes.  There is nothing `soft' about it.  So
unless you are going to state that a bunch of TTL chips connected in
some form to make LEDs flash is a `program', and by direct consequene
claim that hardware are programs, I suggest that you refrain from
writting anymore about this topic that you obviously have no clue
about, but if you'd like to learn more, feel free to send me a email.