Manuals, software, programs

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Wed Feb 15 12:20:23 UTC 2006

Alex Hudson <home at alexhudson.com>
> On Tue, 2006-02-14 at 11:51 +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> > Well, that looks to me like programs for some analogue computers
> > would not be programs and some hardware would be software and
> > many other fun consequences. I'm sure it'd not be too long
> > before other absurdities could be revealed.
>
> Completely as an aside, I'm interested to know why you think those are
> absurdities.

I'm interested to know how you interpreted that as claiming
"all of the above are absurd". Defining a program as not a
program seems absurd and the other one is just fun because
of the types of hardware it allows to be called software.

Hope that helps,
--
MJ Ray - personal email, see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/email.html
Work: http://www.ttllp.co.uk/  irc.oftc.net/slef  Jabber/SIP ask