Finally: Login via SSH authentication with OpenPGP smart card & 100% Free Software PCMCIA reader

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Feb 14 13:17:46 UTC 2006

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 09:25:38 +0000, Alex Hudson said:

> CCID == the interface?

and an USB device class.  It is a modern interface and I tend to
support only those readers.

> If the cm4000 uses a different style of interface, does that mean that
> GnuPG cannot use the keys on the card without someone hacking in
> support?

They work using pcsclite and maybe even with CTAPI (use --ctapi-driver
FILE).  However I encountered numerous problems with pcsclite in
particular with key generation.  Long running card operaion tend to
fail because some ifd handlers seem not to correctly implement the T=1
wait extensions.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner