FDL again, was: My concerns about GPLv3 process

simo simo.sorce at xsec.it
Mon Feb 13 22:52:49 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-02-13 at 23:28 +0100, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
>    Are we disagreeing about appropriateness of the licenses or the
>    facts of the licenses and their provisions?
>
>    Or at least could someone state the resultant area of disagreement
>    for my own edification so I can add it to my mental "watch out for"
>    list.
>
> If the invariant sections are `good' or `bad'.

To me it is more that invariant sections cannot be removed is bad, not
that invariant are bad per se.

I would prefer my opinion to be removed entirely than see them changed,
so I welcome invariant sections to some degree but not the way they are
made in the GFDL. I think that removable invariant sections would be a
good thing.

Simo.