FDL again, was: My concerns about GPLv3 process

Alfred M. Szmidt ams at gnu.org
Mon Feb 13 22:02:04 UTC 2006

   Because you can't make a GPLed program non free against the authors
   will.

Neither can you make a GFDLed document non-free against the authors
will/wishes...

I think it is better to simply agree to disagree about the GFDL, just
like one has to agree to disagree about BSD-like licenses vs. copyleft
licenses.

   But others have already explained this point very well, and more
   than theory real facts shows that.

Not really.  People have quoted specific instances, inparticular
Netfilter, where you had one person who wrote the bulk of the work.  I
don't know who has written the bulk, or even who the copyright holder
is of the guts of Linux.  Maybe you do, but I don't...

Cheers