FDL again, was: My concerns about GPLv3 process

Alfred M. Szmidt ams at gnu.org
Mon Feb 13 19:57:34 UTC 2006

   Now that we know what's I'm asking, can you answer the question:
   why do you believe that a license restricting me from taking part
   of your work that I find useful, and exercising the freedom to
   modify, combine with my own work, and redistribute, is somehow a
   free license?

Depends on the license, take for example a GPL incompatible license,
which is a free software license.  You cannot combine this with your
own work if your work is licensed under the GPL.

(Note that the GFDL doesn't prohibit any of the above, I know that you
didn't imply it, this is just a reassertion)

Cheers.