Finally: Login via SSH authentication with OpenPGP smart card & 100% Free Software PCMCIA reader

Georg C. F. Greve greve at fsfeurope.org
Mon Feb 13 10:27:17 UTC 2006

 || On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 14:59:08 +0000
 || Alex Hudson <home at alexhudson.com> wrote:

 >> * 100% Free Software PCMCIA smart card reader

 ah> I'm guessing that it's too expensive for the FSFE to buy and
 ah> supply these, but would it be possible for Fellowship members to
 ah> club together through the FSFE and buy in bulk?

The price at www.kernelconcepts.de right now is 59 EUR.

I am not sure how much more or less expensive they would be elsewhere.

As to buying them in bulk, that might be possible, although I am not
sure how much the price would go down. Someone would have to organise
that. Maybe you could ask who would like to team up with you? We could
then try to find <n> readers cheaper...

 ah> I guess the alternative is to look at the USB devices, which seem
 ah> cheaper but are bulkier.

True. The small USB devices are around 29 EUR, I think.

Regards,
Georg

--
Georg C. F. Greve                                 <greve at fsfeurope.org>