Finally: Login via SSH authentication with OpenPGP smart card & 100% Free Software PCMCIA reader

Georg C. F. Greve greve at fsfeurope.org
Mon Feb 13 10:21:21 UTC 2006

 || On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 17:28:48 +0100
 || Patrick Ohnewein <patrick.ohnewein at lugbz.org> wrote:

 po> Maybe the FSFE could buy a bulk of them, maybe even branded, or
 po> they but a plussy sticker on them and sell them to the fellows.

The question is how useful branding is for a device that disappears
entirely in the computer.

How many transparent laptops are out there?  ;)

We did consider this for the USB readers, but the final price would
have been rather high -- and it did not seem useful to bind that much
money in stock that you might never sell.

That is why we currently don't have branded readers and why I don't
expect us to have them very soon -- although the idea admittedly is
nice and it would be cool to have Fellowship readers.

Regards,
Georg

--
Georg C. F. Greve                                 <greve at fsfeurope.org>