FDL again, was: My concerns about GPLv3 process

Ben Finney ben at benfinney.id.au
Sun Feb 12 22:43:53 UTC 2006

On 12-Feb-2006, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
>    If I like that poem [that is in part of your work under FDL
>    do-not-modify-or-remove restriction], I may want to base my own
>    poem on it, taking parts of it and combining it seamlessly with
>    my own work.
>
> Maybe we are from two different worlds, this is what is usually a
> basis for scientific articles.  Where you never copy the actual
> material at hand unless you quote it properly, and only reference
> it.

Now that we know what's I'm asking, can you answer the question: why
do you believe that a license restricting me from taking part of your
work that I find useful, and exercising the freedom to modify, combine
with my own work, and redistribute, is somehow a free license?

--
 \        "I took it easy today. I just pretty much layed around in my |
  `\      underwear all day. ... Got kicked out of quite a few places, |