Finally: Login via SSH authentication with OpenPGP smart card & 100% Free Software PCMCIA reader

Alex Hudson home at alexhudson.com
Sun Feb 12 14:59:08 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-02-12 at 12:06 +0100, Georg C. F. Greve wrote:
> this is more a "fyi notice" than anything else

Hehe, well, I think it's great news :D

> * 100% Free Software PCMCIA smart card reader

I'm guessing that it's too expensive for the FSFE to buy and supply
these, but would it be possible for Fellowship members to club together
through the FSFE and buy in bulk?

If I buy one of these devices, it's £68 (100 Euros) including delivery,
which is quite a lot for what is basically a serial port. However, if a
group of 20/30/40 fellows joined together, we could get a nice discount
- although, obviously, it would take some organisation.

I guess the alternative is to look at the USB devices, which seem
cheaper but are bulkier.

Cheers,

Alex.