FDL again, was: My concerns about GPLv3 process

Alfred M. Szmidt ams at gnu.org
Sat Feb 11 22:54:36 UTC 2006

   > [...] the English language allows for writting non-functional
   > pieces.  Can you explain why you need the right to modify my poem
   > about dragons?

   Because I find it useful as the basis of my own work. As with works
   licensed under the GPL, I would find it a reasonable requirement
   that I note the copyright holder of the existing work, and note
   that I made modifications.

But you can base it on your own work.  It is called a reference.

   > And why I shouldn't be allowed to attach it to a manual?

   I have been arguing that one *should* be allowed to combine such
   works together and redistribute, just as with programs.

Noted.