Savannah rejects a project because it uses GPL

Frank Heckenbach frank at g-n-u.de
Sat Feb 11 18:04:34 UTC 2006

Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:

>    >    As you claim to understand the FDL much better than others,
>    >    could you explain whether or not the FDL would allow this case
>    >    at all, and if so, what it would mean for the mentioned
>    >    sections (of course, backing this up with references to the
>    >    FDL text).
>    >
>    > I didn't make such a claim, or even implied it.
>
>    If you accuse others of not even having read it based on your
>    interpretations, and constantly express your interpretations of it
>    as facts, not opinions, you clearly do imply it.
>
> Once again, I did not make any such claims.  Please, stop insisting on
> it.  I claimed that _MJ_ hadn't read the GFDL.  So once again, stop
> accusing me of things that you perfectly know I didn't say or even
> imply.

I said:

a) "If you accuse others of not even having read [the FDL] ..."

(Note I didn't say you accused *me* of not having read the FDL.)

b) "I did not make any such claims."

Further you said:

c) "I claimed that _MJ_ hadn't read the GFDL."

So how does your statement c) not prove my statement a) which you
claim in b) is wrong?

Are you playing on the subtle and questionable (in this context)
difference between "claim" and "accuse"? Or to my use of "others"
(plural form)? Both things are totally irrelevant here.

Do you want to discuss the FDL or do want to distract the discussion
by silly language issues? Should we continue this discussion in
formal logic notation?

Frank

Frank Heckenbach, frank at g-n-u.de
http://fjf.gnu.de/