Savannah rejects a project because it uses GPL

Alfred M. Szmidt ams at gnu.org
Sat Feb 11 00:15:22 UTC 2006

Seems it is getting late, and I'm sending my messages prematurley
(this is the second one in a row, so I better go to bed :).  So let me
add something to this.

      I would say more, regardless of the discussion itself the
      reaction of Alfred is really unacceptable if he is really
      representing GNU. And I am saying this as a real Free Software
      supporter who has trouble justifying it many times due to the
      way our own people present themselves.

   If you have specific crititicm against me, please take it in
   private.

I'd really like to know what you consider so unacceptable from me,
asking MJ to not get people tied up in a wild goose chase when one
doesn't even know if there is a goose?  Or defending the GFDL
vigoursly as some people are trying to attack it?  Heated dicussions
will result, maybe even smaller flames, when one is trying to defend
something that one belives strongly in, as is the case for both me and
MJ.

The only thing I find unacceptable is comments like yours, which have
nothing to do with the discussion, and are only meant as mud throwing.
They don't bring anything to the discussion, and will only cause more
heat.

Cheers.