Software patents: They're back!

Patrick Ohnewein patrick.ohnewein at lugbz.org
Sun Feb 5 16:05:08 UTC 2006

Hi Georg,

a very informative article. It was a chance for me to recheck some
noSwPats sites. I was a little shocked to see, that the contents seam to
be deprecated on all sites. But of course if the enemy isn't visible,
nobody will be willing to fight.

I write this e-mail to ask, if the FSFE has some reccomandations about
the questionary "Consultation on future patent policy in Europe":

http://europa.eu.int/comm/internal_market/indprop/patent/consultation_en.htm

Is a request to fill out the questionary planed, should this questionary
be used as a chance for european companies to communicate their
disagreement to software patents?

If it can be a chance, should a request be send out to the companies,
which already communicated their disagreement to software patents?

http://www.economic-majority.com/supporter.en.php?show=all

And my last question ( for now ;) ) Is there a site which will be an
aggregator of all the sites and activities (ffii, nosoftwarepatents,
ip-watch, blogs, ...) against software patents in europe?

Happy hacking!
Patrick