What free software licensing books have been published?

Alex Hudson home at alexhudson.com
Sat Dec 30 14:49:03 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-12-30 at 13:38 +0100, Michael Kallas wrote:
> Alex Hudson schrieb:
> > On what basis do you suspect the Rosen book is bad, btw?
> >
> > (Aside from the coverage of 'controversies', eg. SCO, I was of the
> > impression it was basically a factual hand-in-hand walk through basic IP
> > law?)
>
> As there is nothing common in patents, copyright and trademark laws and
> as they have very different histories, putting them together into one
> pot called "Intellectual Property" is very bad.

Referring to them collectively is not bad; making statements about them
collectively is - it's completely different. If you go into any law
bookshop, you'll find virtually every introductory textbook on those
laws groups them together.

Suspecting a book is bad simply because it contains a "bad word" in the
title is about the clearest form of judging a book by its cover that I
can think of.

Cheers,

Alex.