What free software licensing books have been published?

Michael Kallas mkallas at schokokeks.org
Sat Dec 30 12:38:23 UTC 2006

Alex Hudson schrieb:
> On Fri, 2006-12-29 at 14:55 +0000, Ciaran O'Riordan wrote:
[...]
>> 4. Open Source Licensing: Software Freedom and Intellectual Property Law, by Larry Rosen
>>
>> I don't know if any of them are any good.  I've heard the 2nd one is good,
>> but I can't read German.  I have a suspicion that the 4th is quite bad.
[...]
> On what basis do you suspect the Rosen book is bad, btw?
>
> (Aside from the coverage of 'controversies', eg. SCO, I was of the
> impression it was basically a factual hand-in-hand walk through basic IP
> law?)

As there is nothing common in patents, copyright and trademark laws and
as they have very different histories, putting them together into one
pot called "Intellectual Property" is very bad. Thus I would suspect
this book to be bad and guess that's the reason of Ciaran to do so, too.

Best wishes
Michael
--
Nobody can save your freedom but YOU -