this needs wide distribution

Sam Liddicott sam at liddicott.com
Sat Dec 23 13:29:46 UTC 2006

Georg C. F. Greve wrote:
>  || On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 10:31:49 +0100 (CET)
>  || "Xavi Drudis Ferran" <xdrudis at tinet.cat> wrote:
>
>  xdf> To reject an extension to a free software program is trying to
>  xdf> make it non free.
>
> No. Freedom includes also the freedom to not want something.
>
> Many of the best Free Software projects are good because they have
> avoided feature bloat -- in other words have declined extensions.

True; but I read his comment to mean "to argue against adding an
extension to a free software program is to try to argue away freedom (of
the other)".

Of course we see both sides; and as has clearly been acknowledged, it's
up to the maintainers and all that they can do is increase the cost of
the fork.

Sam