Recordings talks about Free Software

Patrick Ohnewein patrick.ohnewein at lugbz.org
Tue Aug 29 13:42:00 UTC 2006

Hi Giacomo!

Giacomo Poderi schrieb:
> Basically:
> - By submitting anything to their website you accept to delegate to them
> the copyright[0] of the submitted files

An implicit copyright assignment is really heavy.

Is there some alternative to YouTube? If their is nothing to propose as
an alternative, it will be very difficult to avoid its use.

It would be nice to have some system like YouTube, easy to use, with
categories and tags, but with bittorrent as it's backend. That would be
cool, IMHO.

More and more people is using internet services today and the number is
growing. The masses are not able to create their own infrastructure, but
they use services they find in the web, like YouTube, Flickr, Orkut,
Blogger.com, etc.

Independently of the software used by this services, this is getting a
problem for all of us. If the community will not be able to create an
alternative, where users can preserve their freedoms and rights, we will
all get locked into a world where all content will be non-free.

Happy hacking!
Patrick