FAQ for giving talks about Free Software

Ciaran O'Riordan ciaran at fsfe.org
Thu Aug 3 21:09:08 UTC 2006

"Shane M. Coughlan" <shane at shaneland.co.uk> writes:
>  Suggestions and material welcome!

One idea is to maintain a list of recordings of free software talks.
Listing to other people's talks is the second most valuable learning tool
I've found for public speaking.  (Actually giving talks is the number 1.)

This can take three forms:

1. A list of talk URLs+descriptions
2. A list of places to find existing lists
3. We could mirror whatever we can find, and distribute by BitTorrent

Examples of existing lists, mentioned in #2, are:
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/audio/
http://audio-video.gnu.org/audio/francais/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Stallman#External_links
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eben_Moglen#Video.2C_audio.2C_and_transcripts
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawrence_Lessig#Audio.2FVideo
http://fsfeurope.org/projects/gplv3/barcelona-summaries

And then there some single talks floating around, such as:
http://www.wsa-conference.org/video/greve.mov
http://www.archive.org/download/Ifso_Federico_Heinz/20060429_FedericoHeinz_PublicAdministration.ogg

....I'm not sure what the bandwidth situation is, or how much infrastructure
any of those ideas would take - I'm just throwing ideas out.

--
CiarĂ¡n O'Riordan __________________ \ http://fsfeurope.org/projects/gplv3
http://ciaran.compsoc.com/ _________ \  GPLv3 and other work supported by