FAQ for giving lectures to students

Alex Hudson home at alexhudson.com
Fri Apr 21 10:13:09 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-04-21 at 10:43 +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
> Alex Hudson <home at alexhudson.com>
>
> > Compare to the likes of
> > http://mirrors.creativecommons.org/getcreative/clicktoplay.html (yes,
> > it's Flash) which is much more accessible to the average joe who's never
> > heard of the idea.
>
> I can't access Flash (is there a good free software Flash player?)
> and they haven't provided an accessible html/css version. What
> does it say/do?

It's essentially an animation, in a kind of cleaned-up South Park style,
if that makes any sense. I don't think it would translate well to HTML,
but I don't know if they have it in any other formats.

It's basically an introduction to the Creative Commons idea, using very
clear language and basic ideas. It's very good promotional material, I
think.

I think it's a lot simpler than asking someone to read through a number
of essays, some of which come in many different versions. The GNU
philosophy page is good history, but not a good introduction, I think.

Cheers,

Alex.