2 GPLv3 docs: DRM and Patents

Ciaran O'Riordan ciaran at fsfe.org
Fri Apr 14 13:53:46 UTC 2006

I've put online a document for how GPLv3 addresses DRM:

http://fsfeurope.org/projects/gplv3/drm-and-gplv3

and one for how it addresses patents:

http://fsfeurope.org/projects/gplv3/patents-and-gplv3

So when some asks if GPLv3 probits encryption, there's a document which
shows that it doesn't.  Or if you want to research the patent bits, all the
info is in one place.  etc.

To make them, I got the relevent parts of the draft GPLv3 and attached the
public comments made by Stallman and Moglen which were specific to each of
those parts.

So it's the combination of the GPLv3 plus the transcripts:
http://fsfeurope.org/projects/gplv3/torino-rms-transcript.en.html
http://www.ifso.ie/documents/rms-gplv3-2006-02-25.html
http://www.ifso.ie/documents/gplv3-launch-2006-01-16.html

...distilled down to focus on DRM / patents.

I put this in my blog too:
http://fsfe.org/en/fellows/ciaran/weblog/2_gplv3_docs_drm_and_patents

--
CiarĂ¡n O'Riordan __________________ \ http://fsfeurope.org/projects/gplv3