OpenSolaris logo licence

Simon Morris mozrat at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 19:40:01 UTC 2005

On 28/09/05, MJ Ray <mjr at phonecoop.coop> wrote:
> Simon Morris <mozrat at gmail.com>
>
> > Is this licence acceptable as a free software licence?
>
> Trivially not, for the reason you suggested: it's not usable for
> any purpose (including criticism or other use); and it has a
> termination clause.

Thank you for clarifying that. I'm sure it has been discussed many
times before so I apologise if I'm going over well trodden ground.

Is the code of OpenSolaris considered free by the FSF?

It is released under a number of licences but mainly the CDDL [0]. The
OSI approves this as Open Source but does the FSF consider this to be
an acceptable free software licence?

Thanks

[0] http://www.opensolaris.org/os/licensing/cddllicense.txt

--