FSFE mailinglists (was: Languages, was: German software licensing law)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Oct 13 13:07:21 UTC 2005

On Tue, Sep 27, 2005 at 03:42:11PM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
> ObTopic-ish, Catalan, Spanish, Irish, Dutch, Romanian, Swedish and
> pan-European English lists are hosted on mail.fsfeurope.org while
> French, Portuguese, German, UK-specific English and Dutch are on
> http://savannah.gnu.org/mail/?group=fsfe - any plans to unify more?

This has technical reasons and historical reasons.
We wanted to used Savannah more and unify the infrastructure.
Savannah took a break after being broken into where we still needed
infrastructure. Savannah and FSFE still could need more help by
hackers with their infrastrucure.

> (I would be happy not to subscribe as "English (USA)" too.)

Each list administrator can enable the installed languages for Mailman.
E.g. fsfe-de has German enabled so you can select this.
Other list administrators will have done the same I assume.

As far as I know there is no other English language sets for Mailman
so far. (See http://www.list.org/i18n.html.)
So if you want "English (EN)" you would need to create it first.

	Bernhard