Document about Free Software/Open Source

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Nov 28 15:46:09 UTC 2005

On Mon, Nov 28, 2005 at 03:02:39PM +0100, Frank Koormann wrote:
> Chris,
>
> * C. Grobmeier <grobmeier at possessed.de> [051128 14:55]:
> > as a fan of fs/os i want to see more acceptance for this in my company.
> > I have figured out, that even programmers in my company have lack of
> > knowledge about FS/OS. To change this, i would like to collect
> > information and write a document about this. Well, i searched amazon
> > and didn't find any book. Google brought billions of hits.
>
> Since you seem to be located in Germany, have you found already the book
> by Volker Grassmuck (published by the  Bundeszentrale für politische
> Bildung, also downloadable as PDF)
>
> http://freie-software.bpb.de/

This one is good,
also there is
http://intevation.de/~bernhard/publications/200408-hmd/200408-wandel_der_it_20j_fs.html

which has many references.

Important is:
	[Gay]
Joshua Gay [Hrsg.] "Free Software Free Society: selected Essays of
Richard M. Stallman" Erste Ausgabe, GNU Press 2002, Boston;
www.gnupress.org, ISBN 1-882114-98-1 (Fast alle Texte auch auf [FSF
Web].)

Note that I usually make a difference between the development model
(closed or more open) and the licensing model (free or non-free).

	Bernhard