June 1&2 Brussels: 4 events, now with Freedom Party

Ciaran O'Riordan ciaran at fsfe.org
Wed May 25 10:28:39 UTC 2005

The details are still being worked out, but we've decided to leak the news
early since this is short notice.

[Please leak further where appropriate.]

To promote the fellowship program, FSFE will be hosting a Freedom Party on
the evening of Thursday June 2nd.  The time will be 15h00 or so.  The
location is undecided -- but it will be somewhere very near to where the
anti-swpat demonstration ends (see below).

So now there's:

June 1st:
 * FFII + 4 conservative MEPs organising a whole day anti-swpat conference
   in the EP
                 http://swpat.ffii.org/events/2005/bxl0601/

June 2nd:

 * The Greens/European Free Alliance organising a half day "Free Software
   Vs. Software Patents" conference in the EP (09h00 -> 13h00)
           http://www.greens-efa.org/en/agenda/detail.php?id=1726

 * AEL.be and Openstandaarden.be organising a street march against software
   patents (Meet ~13h00, march 13h30 -> 14h30)
           http://noepatents.eu.org/index.php/NO_Software_Patents

 * FSFE Freedom Party - where the march ends, when the march ends, we'll
   have a party.  Details will appear on the fellowship site http://fsfe.org
   and I'll post again here when everything's finalised.

--
CiarĂ¡n O'Riordan,
http://www.compsoc.com/~coriordan/                http://fsfe.org/Members/ciaran