Fw: Query about GNU-GPL

MJ Ray mjr at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Mar 24 23:12:15 UTC 2005

Niall wrote:
> Jeroen Dekkers wrote: [...]
> > Talking about "GPL zealots" doesn't help anything either.
> Why does the term keep coming up again and again then? [...]

It's because people like you keep introducing it.

> People constantly forget that views on how software should be
> exchanged between people are belief systems, and as those systems
> harden they become religious in overtone.

I think you'll find they're decisions based on prior belief
systems. Apart from the mythical Saint iGNUcious, I'm not
sure software exchange is the core of anyone's belief system.
It's not helpful to keep "religicising" discussions.

> As usual, most people on
> this list will think I am spouting crap, but I think it's very easy
> to stop seeing the wood from the trees. [...]

We are all just poor misguided souls who should look to the One
True Leader to show us the One True Path! Thanks for pointing
it out! This list is blind, but you too can see, if you choose!
Just send me GBP 500 in unmarked used tenners to me at the AFFS
address and I will share with you the secret!

> [...] but it would sure be
> nice to see some of that zealotry wiped off some people's faces.

Yes, yours included. ;-)

--
MJR/slef
I promise to donate most of the GBP 500s to AFFS.