Fw: Query about GNU-GPL

Bjoern Schiessle schiessle at fsfe.org
Wed Mar 23 16:14:25 UTC 2005

On Mi, 2005-03-23 at 15:39 +0100, Laurence Finston wrote:
> The following links may be of interest:
> http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#FSWithNFLibs
> http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#GPLIncompatibleLibs

This links talk about linking my GPLed program with a non-free lib. I
think this point is quite clear, i as the copyright holder of the
program can give a special permission to link again this non-free lib.

The question is, what happens if i use also an GPLed lib in the same
program were i don't have the copyright?
Than i can't give a special permission for the GPLed lib. So if linking
a program with two libs creates a derivated work of each other, than i
can't do it until i have a permission form the copyright holder of the
GPLed lib.

--
 ,= ,-_-. =.  Bjoern Schiessle                  <schiessle at fsfe.org>
((_/)o o(\_)) http://www.schiessle.org     Jabber: <bes at amessage.de>